Saturday, March 15, 2014

I'd Like Some Money to Buy Flowers


I was catching a sky-train in one particular city about 15 minutes from where I get off. While I wait there is a woman with glazed eyes asking people for money. She came up to me, stopped briefly, and asked "Excuse me, could you spare some money? My brother is in the hospital and I'd like some money to buy him some flowers."


That's rich I thought. Drug addicts are getting more and more obvious with their lines. "Here's $5". Gave it to her without even looking her in the face, convinced of her intentions.

Anyways, my train pulls up and I get on. I look through the glass at her walking around asking others for money as the train pulls away.

The train arrives at the station 15 minutes later, and I walk down and out to the bus stop. There is only one bus the direction I'm going, and just my luck! It is there waiting when I get off the train. So on the bus I hop and wait for the bus driver to finish reading his paper before the doors close and we embark down the highway.

About 5-10 minutes traveling, the driver pulls over for a routine stop. The doors open, and to my complete astonishment the woman from the sky-train walks into the bus. A dozen roses in hand. She looks me right in the eyes as she walks past to take her seat.

How in the blue hell did she get there? I took the train before her. I watched her at the train stop from inside as we pulled away. I went over a river. I caught the first and only bus going this particular direction. And not only did she beat me there, she had time to go to a store and buy a dozen roses.

To this day I have no idea how this happened.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment